Mesh Animation Dialog
The Mesh Animation Dialog is accessible from the Mesh Animation page of the Object Settings dialog:
- Track - The logical track to which the animation is associated.
- Object - This track should be used when exporting a morph animation.
- Shape - This track should be used when exporting a pose animation.
- Skin - This track should be used when exporting a skeleton animation.
- Name - The name of the animation.
- Start/End Frames - The interval on the Softimage/XSI timeline that contains the animation.
- Time Scaling - The type of scaling to apply to the animation's key frame times.
- None - No scaling.
- Scale - Scales the animation by the specified amount. A value larger than 1 makes the animation run more slowly, while a value less than 1 makes the animation run more quickly.
- Length - The animation is rescaled to fill the specified time length, in seconds.
- Normalize - The animation is rescaled to last 1 second.
- Sampling - The default rate or time interval used to sample the animation.
- Morph Whole Object - If the animation is being exported as a morph, indicates whether all available animations on the mesh should be combined into a single morph animation.
- Export to Separate Skeleton File - Indicates whether the animation should be exported to its own skeleton file. This setting will only be enabled if the selected track is skeleton-based. When a skeleton animation is exported to a separate file, the file name is based on the object name and the animation name.
- Link to Main Skeleton - Indicates whether the separate skeleton file should be linked to the main skeleton. This setting will only be enabled if Export to Separate Skeleton File is checked. If the animation is not linked to the main skeleton, you can link it manually at run-time in your application.
- Copy First Animation Key to Last - Indicates whether the first animation key should be copied to the end. This is a quick way of creating animations that loop somewhat seamlessly.
- Export as Morph - Indicates whether the animation should be forced to export as a morph animation. This setting is only available if the track is something other than Object.
- Override Animated Root Start Time - Allows the animated root start time to be overridden. By default, if there is an animated root set in the Object Mesh Animation Settings the animation start time will be used.
- Remove Bone Translations - A list of bones in the attached skeleton and their translation components to remove. For more information, see Remove Bone Translations Dialog.
- Include/Exclude Bones - A list of bones in the attached skeleton to exclude or include. For more information, see Include/Exclude Bone Dialog.