The OgreMax Material can be found in the Hypershade editor:
...and it integrates with the Maya Attribute Editor
The OgreMax material can be used as any material in a shading group. If used as the Surface material, it will result in a black surface, so if you intend to perform Maya renders you will probably use it as the Volume material.
- Export Material - Indicates whether the material is exported when exporting the scene.
- Export to Separate File - Indicates whether the material is exported to its own file. If not checked, the material is exported to a material file containing all the other exported materials.
- Receives Shadows - Indicates whether the material receives shadows.
- Transparency Casts Shadows - Indicates whether the material is capable of casting shadows, even if it's transparent. Normally, transparent materials do not cast shadows.
- Techniques are LODs - Indicates whether the techniques should be selected automatically based on their distance from the viewport's camera. Normally, techniques are selected based on their 'scheme' name and graphics hardware compatibility.
- Edit User Data - Displays a User Data Dialog that the custom user data for the material.
A list of techniques.