The OgreMax Material can be found in the Material/Map Browser:
3DS Max 2011 and later
3DS Max 2010 and earlier
...and it integrates with the 3DS Max Material Editor
- Copy Settings from Source Material - Copies all the settings from the selected material.
This area displays information about the material's Master/Slave status. For more information see Master/Slave Materials.
- Put to Mtl Editor - Puts the slave's master material into the material editor. This is available if the material is a slave.
- Copy Settings - Copies the master's material into the slave material. This is available if the material is a slave.
- Sync Slaves - Copies the material's settings to all slaves. This is available if the material is a master.
- Export Material - Indicates whether the material is exported when exporting the scene.
- Export to Separate File - Indicates whether the material is exported to its own file. If not checked, the material is exported to a material file containing all the other exported materials.
Max Viewport/Render Material
The material used when it is rendered by 3DS Max. This material's appearance will be similar to the OgreMax Material's appearance.
- Receives Shadows - Indicates whether the material receives shadows.
- Transparency Casts Shadows - Indicates whether the material is capable of casting shadows, even if it's transparent. Normally, transparent materials do not cast shadows.
- Techniques are LODs - Indicates whether the techniques should be selected automatically based on their distance from the viewport's camera. Normally, techniques are selected based on their 'scheme' name and graphics hardware compatibility.
- Edit User Data - Displays a User Data Dialog that custom user data to be defined for the material.
A list of techniques.
User-defined notes describing the material.
- Export Notes - Indicates whether the notes should be exported as comments in the material file.